mandag den 1. oktober 2012

Like a kid in a candy store


   It is about twenty-four hours ago since I last slept for more than three hours, and I could kill for a decent mattress and a proper blanket right now. But the past day has brought me closer to my classmates and to our destination. In fact, at this exact moment all of my roommates are typing away on their computers while trying to put today’s experiences into words.
   But it is simply impossible, the mesmerising atmosphere of Times Square, which our hostel is ever so luckily located near, is enchanting. It is like being a child in a candy store filled with millions of other children of all ethnicities and ages. I believe that Times Square is the heart of New York City since it reflects the entire mood and feel of the rest of Manhattan, and is not afraid to show it. Flashing billboards, flyers, and folks walking all over the place, trying not to get stomped down by the masses who does not know  whether to walk, watch the traffic, or the advertisements that promise you a better life in one easy change of a mobile. New York sure is different from the provincial life of Silkeborg, but I cannot wait to explore this different and intriguing city. But it has to be tomorrow, since not even a cup of coffee can cure my need for sleep.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar